Old February 15th 11, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Hemet Airport: FAA Ruling Supports Soaring Right of Airport Access

On 2/15/2011 2:39 PM, GK wrote:
On Feb 15, 4:15 pm, wrote:

We kicked their butts!

Larry Tuohino
Chris Mannion
Mary Rust
Orange County Soaring Association
HEMET, Ca

Congratulations!
It is truly astonishing that FAA ruled in favor of soaring operation.

It's not amazing to me - I think they are pretty touchy about other
people deciding who can and who can't use an airport that FAA funds went
to. In our area, they were a major factor (years ago) in keeping the
airspace open over the Hanford project area (640 square miles!), while
DOE wanted to restrict it surface to 10,000'. The FAA can be quite
helpful in preventing airport and airspace grabs by "other people", in
my experience.

So, please, no reflexive disparaging of the FAA. Hemet is not an
isolated incident.

email me)