Old March 8th 17, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default LS1-f neo

On Wed, 08 Mar 2017 08:46:56 -0800, Dan Daly wrote:

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 8:11:00 AM UTC-5, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Wed, 08 Mar 2017 03:28:19 -0800, krasw wrote:

Thinking of PW-5 nose ground clearance, fitting FES would make a
rather expensive lawnmower.

True enough - my excuse is that its years since I've seen one.

But isn't there a UK company that is in the process of fitting not
only jet but ELECTRIC engine driving wheels of glider that has PW-5
wings? And no, I believe IGC did not have this in mind when deciding
on "electrical self launching" capability.

http://www.proairsport.com/news.php

Good to see its still progressing. Some dimensions and performance
estimates would be nice.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK