Old April 15th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Got my fix today

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 12:02:46 +0000 (UTC), "Oz Lander"
wrote in
:

the
instructor decided we'd head out to the training area, and see if the
conditions allowed us to get high enough to do what he'd planned. Well,
at about 1400ft, someone put a white sheet over the cockpit, and we
couldn't see anything, only for a few seconds.

I presume your instructor did this under the authority of the
provision in the regulations that permits the PIC to deviate from the
regulations in emergency situations. :-)

§ 91.3 Responsibility and authority of the pilot in command.

(a) The pilot in command of an aircraft is directly responsible
for, and is the final authority as to, the operation of that
aircraft.

(b) In an in-flight emergency requiring immediate action, the
pilot in command may deviate from any rule of this part to the
extent required to meet that emergency.

(c) Each pilot in command who deviates from a rule under paragraph
(b) of this section shall, upon the request of the Administrator,
send a written report of that deviation to the Administrator.