Old December 23rd 04, 02:39 PM

Default Merry Christmas to all

Here's a joke for you that I got from another thread,

The Public Works Minister of a former French colony in Central Africa
is in
France in an official visit.
He is invited for a dinner at the private house of his French
counterpart.
When he reaches the place, he can't refrain to say:
- My goodness, what a superb mansion! You must be from a rich family, I
know
how much a French Minister is paid, you can't afford that on your
salary!
The French Minister laughs and tells him:
- Come to the window. You see that highway there?
- Yes.
- Its real cost was 10 million Euros. The contractor invoiced it for 12
millions, I approved the bill and get 2 million cash from them.

Few years later, the very same French Public Works Minister is in an
official visit to this African country and is invited for a dinner at
the
private house of his old friend the African Minister.
When he reaches the place, he is totally amazed and says:
- That's not a house! It's a palace! I know about your country
finances, how
could you manage that?
The African Minister laughs and tells him:
- Come to the window. You see that highway there?
- No....

A very Merry Christmas to all.

Bryan