Old July 15th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,news.groups
Brian Mailman

Default Proposal For A New Rec.Aviation Newsgroup.

Larry Dighera wrote:

So, correct me if I'm wrong, you're saying, that because some members
of a newsgroup's readership disrespect the newsgroup's charter, and
post off-topic articles, there is no reason to make an attempt to
mitigate the issue?

In alt.config, the regulars run into this issue on a rather frequent basis.

We call such formations "NIMBY" groups, or "not in my backyard" because
it's someone wanting others to post in other groups.

Experience shows that NIMBY groups don't work, and netcopping to say
"now you have a group to post that in, go there" is frustrating to say
the least. The only way to get a NIMBY to work is to have the people
posting "offtopic" *want* to form their own group.

B/