Old March 25th 21, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

Default Revolutionary new plane

On 3/25/2021 12:55 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
kinsell wrote on 3/25/2021 9:24 AM:
On 3/25/21 8:28 AM, Richard Livingston wrote:
Both of those "concepts" show complete ignorance of aerodynamics.
Reminds me of my
grandmother who wanted to tell the pilot to fly low and slow, for
safety.Â* There are very good
reasons modern aircraft are all mono-planes turbofans that fly at
very high altitudes.Â* They are both
more energy efficient and safer.Â* Why would anyone want an airplane
that has to follow a track?

Rich L.

I know these do indeed look like April Fools jokes, but who would have
ever guessed that Caproni would build a nine-wing seaplane airliner
meant to cross the Atlantic with only eight refueling stops?Â* They
actually made one and a half test flights with that thing.

Here's a more detailed article on the three-wing job.Â* Through the
miracles of Photoshop, now they're flying with gear up:

https://paxex.aero/se-aeronautics-fever-dream/

This one has an actual author who is starting to apply a bit of
critical thinking.Â* Sounds like they're serious about this thing,
fishing around for $40-50 million in seed money, then angling for the
ever popular reverse acquisition with a Special Purpose Acquisition
Company to get the billions they'll need.Â* If they actually do go
public, a day one naked short sounds like a good bet to me.Â* First
flight in three years, you betcha.

Interesting that the one shot molding process forces a few
compromises, like no windows.Â* Does that include the cockpit too?

Seriously, am I the only one with an Android phone that keeps getting
this crap fed to them? When they've got nothing new, they recycle old
articles like how the Alice in Wonderland plane was the star of the
2019 Paris airshow, or how Norway is charging full speed ahead with
their all-electric airplane program.

The only mention I saw for windows was they are structurally
inefficient, and all passengers would get better outside views with
cameras outside and video screens on the inside. I'm for that, as
airline windows are small, limited in viewing area, and often hazy.

Or they can just stay home and watch the world on TV. Much cheaper and
saves the emissions. If they really want the full experience, they can
be served airline-type food while on the ground, as I gather some people
in some countries actually paid for during the pandemic.