Old June 26th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Victor Bravo

Default Another Cessna 210A at auction, 40 SMOH engine and acc'ys

Another 1961 Cessna 210A has been put up for auction, and with only
one day left the bids have only reached $30,000. AOPA's appraisal is
$66,000 and the reserve price is FAR less. This one has only 40 SMOH
on the engine and all major accessories. Check it out if you need a
good 4 seat airplane with big load carrying ability, 150KT cruise
speed and 11 GPH economy.

AS FOR the previous aircraft I listed on ebay... Some of my fellow
smart-asses have replied to the previous C-210 thread, making some
comments that are not quite right.

One fellow said Part 135 Maintenance means nothing. Horse****. 135 is
a higher standard and is associated with more stringent and more
frequent inspections. Just because some 135 operators don't maintain
their airplanes right doesn't mean they all don't, and a poorly
maintained 135 airplane is still theoretically better off than a
poorly maintained Part 91 airplane all other factors equal. My point
was that this airplane was maintained with a better degree of care and
concern because the owner, the pilot, the hands-on mechanic and the
signature IA are all the same guy.

Granted, I called it a Centurion and it may only be a 210. My mistake
technically, but adding the search word Centurion might help get some
more interest. Bidders whose names are not Jack are still welcome to
bid The owner has his name and the name of his daughter embroidered
in the headrests of all his airplanes for very valid personal
reasons... trust me. Just bid as though you will have to have the
stitching removed by one of the ethnically diverse "artisans" with
auto upholstery shops near any airport.

Jack's airplanes are mechanically sound. As I put in the auction
description, the hoses and related stuff firewall forward have been
replaced. Is a 46 year old airplane going to have a spotless FWF
"engine room"? No. Did I list it as an Oshkosh show winner? No. Was
the reserve price a LOT less than what you would see at some country
club airplane sales showroom... YES. Is the airplane reliable and well
above average in appearance, I think so.

If you want an Oskhosh champion 210 showplane, go to Oshkosh or Trade-
a-Plane and have about $75-85K in hand. If you want a new Cessna 210,
call the nice folks at Cessna and ask them what one would cost.

In the meantime, y'all have an opportunity to bid on a strong, nice,
and reliable 210 with a fresh engine and accessories, for less than
Cessna 172 money. If you are more interested in a 172, I'm about to
put one of those up for auctino today too