Old March 3rd 11, 09:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Twydell[_2_]

Default Show us your Desktop ! - "Current Screen 01.jpg" 192.1 KBytes

In message , RiŠardo
writes
HI Peter,

Dave's on track with this one, it's a Comet 4 cockpit, based at the de
Havilland Museum.

Comment about the Caravell is interesting, as according to Wikipedia: "Sud's
design licensed several fuselage features from de Havilland, a company Sud
had dealings with for several earlier designs. The nose area and cockpit
layout were both taken directly from the de Havilland Comet". Plus, of
course, they both used Rolls Royce Avon engines.

Thanks RiŠardo. I'd gone back as far as the VC10, but then a plate of
spag bol and having to work intervened. Don't know why I didn't think of
the Comet. It was obviously lot neater on the outside than on the
inside.

I've got a photo somewhere of John Cunningham with the crew of Canopus
standing in front of the aircraft at Hatfield during one of the last
Open Days there.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!