Old October 4th 17, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Plastic razor blades for removing tape/glue residue

I have "rubbed off" adhesive with a thumb before.
OK for a few feet, sucks for meters.

A possible alternative? Do a search for "auto pinstripe removal", I have 2 rubber disc's used in an electric drill that work wonders.
I will guess the colder the adhesive the better the results.
I took off about 20' of 16yo pinstripe on a car in less than 30 minutes. No harm to auto paint, a quick machine compound made it invisible other than the difference in paint color due to UV masking.
Saved some thumb skin.

May try it at "Skunkworks" soon......