Old January 16th 18, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Looping a standard cirrus

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 9:49:52 AM UTC-6, Scott Williams wrote:
Hey Steve,
I think I get (and appreciate) your joke,
but For my own safety, "pulling the stick" is to intentionally induce and maintain a spin, Correct?

I think something is lost in translation, but I believe the manual is saying you need to keep the stick back to keep the plane in the spin. Relaxing back pressure may lead to a spiral. It says recovery is done by easing the stick forward, and applying "slight opposite rudder". Both implying not full motion of a control. Not having any Std Cirrus experience myself, I would defer to someone who does have this experience.

Steve Leonard