Old January 31st 04, 05:05 PM
Jim Knoyle

"ShawnD2112" wrote in message
Sorry. Gotta jump in here. I work in the airline industry and we use

744,
733, etc regularly. Have never heard anyone, not even people at Boeing,
drop the first 7. Not saying it isn't done, just not in this sector of

the
industry.

Shawn, welcome to Tarverland. :-)
JK

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Saryon" wrote in message

B762 L2J/H 767-200 BOEING
B763 L2J/H 767-300 BOEING
B764 L2J/H 767-400 BOEING

Your assertion was that it's a "673" because you always drop the
leading 7. I can't find 673 anywhere in the list.

I expect those would be apropriate contractions for your correspondence

with
FAA, but here in the real world, the first 7 is dropped. Note carefully
that you have been corrected by an engineer, an air traffic controller

and
pilots. If you want to use an insider secret code, don't expect anyone

know what you are gibbering about.