Old March 26th 04, 04:50 AM
Dan & Jan Hollenbaugh

Your humble opinion is only about half right. The original goals were
achievable. I've been lead Test Engineer in the Comanche PMO since 1989.
The original program as contracted in 1991 was achievable in cost, schedule,
and performance. In 1992 our funding was slashed. We then spent 10 years
just keeping things going and kicking the can down the road, fooling
ourselves we were making progress. We restructured the program every two
years from 1992 through 2000. In 2002 our PM went to the Army and said,
"fund us properly or kill us." We finally got the funding we needed to do
it right. There were some problem areas, but I'm convinced the program that
was just cancelled was achievable. Cost and schedule problems had nothing
to do with the cancellation.

You should see how fast the place is emptying out.....

Dan Hollenbaugh

TruthSeeker wrote in message
. ..
It's a damn shame they set unrealistic cost, schedule and performance
goals for that thing starting from Day #1. Wanna cause endless
problems, be unrealistic in your goals and spend the next 20 years
trying to meet them. There are other things too, but that IHMO was
the root of the problem.