Old October 13th 03, 11:40 PM
Alan Wolfson

I use an ASA product called Overcasters. They are clip on and flip up and down, made of black plastic and
include blinders on the side. Spinners Pilot Shop has them for $17.95.

I love them because they are light and readily flip up to allow landing or looking for the airport at DH. They are
very light weight. I use them with Lightspeed headsets, although the headset shouldn't matter since they clip on
your glasses and do not touch the headset.

Alan

"PaulH" wrote in message om...
I took my checkride yesterday, and when I attached my Sporty's
flip-down foggles to my glasses, the examiner nearly had heart failure
- "you can't use those!!!!!!!" She said they allow too much
peripheral vision to permit transition to in-cloud flight. We
completed the checkride with a cardboard hood that sort of worked, but
I'd like to find something that
a. works well with glasses
b. can wear with my Lightspeed 25xl headphones
c. allows good view of panel without turning head
d. light weight
e. eliminates peripheral vision

Opinions desired.