Old July 25th 03, 12:12 PM
Barnyard BOb --

"Barnyard BOb --" wrote in message
.. .

Adding a blast tube to direct fresh air onto the pumps helps.

Bruce A. Frank

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HELPS?

ARRGH!

"HELPS" is not good enough.
In fact, going down the road of "helps"....
is a very dangerous and risky one.

A FIX is what is required.
Nothing less is acceptable.
Nothing less is defensible, IMO.

Barnyard BOb --

Alright already! Poor selection of words! To eliminate the likelihood of
vapor lock, an electric fuel pump on the engine side of the firewall needs
to be installed so as to be bathed in a good flow of unheated air or, if
such a position is not available, a blast tube must be installed! Definitive
enough?

Bruce A. Frank

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry, my point has nothing to do with parsing a definition.
Every fuel system on mogas needs to be TESTED/PROVEN
per Rich S.'s parameters. Screw warm and fuzzy definitions.

For my money, the electric fuel pump should be installed
OUTSIDE the engine compartment and PUSH the mogas....
not suck it, to the engine - if I'm going to even consider
mogas at 10,000 feet at elevated temps, like 90+ degrees.

FWIW -
My RV-3 with gravity feed system has run on mogas
for over 440 hours [for me] without a stumble or burp.
Some of it has been at 9500 ft at elevated temps, but
not enough to feel 100% safe on every possible blend,
combination and variant of mogas.

Rich S. has made a believer out of me when it comes
to mogas, mountain flying and high summer temps.
I'll not do it..... no matter where the electric fuel pump
or blast tube is or isn't.

Barnyard BOb -- to old to be bold