Old January 6th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Default IFR to Charlotte in a Mooney

am wrote:
Anyone flown IFR into CLT in a piston single? I've got a commercial
flight leaving CLT next month. I'd be flying in around 4pm on
weekday.

I used to fly in and out of Charlotte twice a day in a Lance. There's a big
push around 0730-0900 that I would avoid at all costs. Beyond that it's not all
that scary. Just another busy airport but hardly a JFK or Hartsfield. Getting
in is easier than getting out. All the GA aircraft park over on the
southeastern side of 18L/36R. Do your best to get on that side of the airport
if you have any choice in approachs.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com