Old July 1st 03, 04:48 PM
Aaron Coolidge

Mike Granby wrote:
: "Dave S" wrote:

: Resale issues aside, what have ye to say?

: Isn't there's an AD on the PA-28 wing spar that applies only to high-usage
: aircraft such as those used on pipeline patrol? Maintenance on such a bird
: would thus be more expensive.

There *WAS* an AD on high-time/unusual usage PA-28 airplanes, but it was
rescinded some time back and replaced with a Piper Service Letter (which
is not mandatory, despite what they say).

IMHO, I would have no problem buying a flight school airplane if it were
priced accordingly. I would stay well clear of a pipeline patrol airplane,
just because it's spent 10,000+ hours flying at 500 feet in the turbulence
at Vno.

--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)
"100% of the world is covered by air. Use it all" - Citation ad