Old July 27th 09, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Terry

Default OT-San Antonio Lodging

As a member of this newsgroup for many years, I thought this would be a
good place to get advice from my fellow pilots.

My son is leaving for Afghanistan on the 21st of Aug from Camp Bullis. I
am looking for a place to stay from Aug 20th - 22nd. Would like it to be
near the "River Walk" area so we can see some of the sights. We will be
flying into KSAN via commercial carrier and renting vehicle.

I know nothing about the San Antonio area as to a place that is a good,
clean, safe place to stay with reasonable rates and close to the River
Walk area. I understand rates will be higher near that area but $400.00
a night, is too much for my wallet.

Last time I was in San Antonio was in 1966 at Lackland AFB so any help
you might provide his mother and I would be very much appreciated.

Thanks to all for your patience

Terry N6401F