Old October 7th 04, 01:48 PM
Dave

What would you say is the best way to prepared for this with out going to
the flight schools classes.
( I live far enough away from there that if I make the trip I might as well
go flying, cuz I don't want to do it that often)
Apparently AOPA gave my name to Kings Schools and they had a salesman call
to see if they could sell me the DVD course.

I have been plodding through all the Gliems manuals. Any other ways? The
Kings school DVD's are another 1.5 hours of dual, they way I look at it, but
if they are super fantastic I guess I'll have to see about getting them.

--
Dave A
Aging Student Pilot

"gatt" wrote in message

"C Kingsbury" wrote in message
ink.net...
In my experience the #1 time-delay comes from getting the written test

done.
If/when I decide to go for my commercial I'm not going to even start

taking
lessons until after I've done the written. Doing the same with my

private
&
instrument would have saved me 3 calendar months on each. And in

general,
the fewer calendar months you spend training, the fewer hours you spend

in
the airplane fixing things you forgot from previous lessons.

INDEED!

-c