Old October 7th 04, 05:19 PM
C Kingsbury

It depends on what you need. I'm an information sponge and being 28 still
have the psychology of test-taking pretty fresh in my mind. All I needed was
practice and polishing to get the details right, so I used the Gleim
software for both my private and my instrument. It has a "learning" mode
where you go through the questions and it gives you an immediate explanation
of why your answer was right or wrong. Plus it keeps track of scores, so you
can see how you're doing. When you feel ready, it can do a full simulated
test session exactly like what you'll see in the test center.

I got most of my book learnin' from the Dogan book, and I was overall
pleased with it. Anything that the Gleim description or the book didn't make
clear I talked over with my instructor, and that took care of it. In the
end I got an 82, but by that point I simply wanted to pass and get the damn
thing over with as it was holding up my taking the checkride. I've taken
enough standardized tests to know what they do and do not measure
effectively.

Best,
-cwk.

"Dave" wrote in message
What would you say is the best way to prepared for this with out going to
the flight schools classes.