Old March 28th 06, 11:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Troubleshooting the Comanche fuel system

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 00:11:41 +0100, kontiki
wrote:
I think his problem is either a clogged
tank vent (one time a mud dauber made a nest in my right tip vent) or
possible fuel line blockage.

We discovered that the vent hose on the left aux tank was off. That may
account for the problem running on the left aux tank, but I still thought
the same problem had occured while running on the right aux tank.

We then checked the fuel flow from the electric fuel pump. With the left
aux tank selected we got about 55 gph. With the right aux tank selected
the fuel flow was significantly less, maybe half, and the fuel pump
sounded like it had to work harder.

We drained the right aux tank and had a look inside with a flashlight and
a mirror. It all looked fine, no obstructions. We tried to get to the hose
attaching the fuel tank to the fuel line by just removing the inspection
plate under the wing, but we couldn't remove the hose. We'll have to take
the tank out completely to inspect it thourougly.

/Thomas