Old September 20th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default Tie Down Straps - Help Needed

On Sep 19, 12:57*pm, brianDG303 wrote:
I decided to use flyties *(http://www.flyties.com/).

I've been using a similar product for over 20 years. Got it from
Australia.

The stakes are nylon and have held up amazingly well, sometimes
twisting a bit to get into rocky soil, but so far, never broke one. I
would guess I've used it 10 - 15 times, mostly for overnight tiedown
in benign conditions, but a few times I've had to secure the glider in
gusty conditions while waiting for my crew.

As for straps, I clicked on an ad for "CAM Buckle Straps":
http://www.kingroyusa.com/cargo-cont...FQq4sgodLxW8ew

that showed up in my Google sidebar. Pretty nice bulk pricing at less
than $10 per strap & buckle.

-Tom