Old April 18th 04, 06:46 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: Friendly Fire Notebook
From: Ed Rasimus
Date: 4/18/04 10:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time
On 18 Apr 2004 14:26:38 GMT,
(ArtKramr) wrote:

From: Dweezil Dwarftosser

Date: 4/18/04 2:19 AM Pacific

Nope. The historical record categorically confirms the
fact that LB II won the VN war: it - and it alone -

We won the VN war??? Really?

Arthur Kramer

Well, Art, if you get the chance to visit the Wall, you'll find 58,325
names on the wall. If you check most historian estimates of losses to
the NVN and VC, you'll get numbers of dead ranging from a low of one
million to a high of three million. By numbers, we won.

If you measure the victorious side by who owns the land at the end of
hostilities, the fall of Saigon in 1975 says they won.

But, if you visit Hanoi today, you'll find a real "Hanoi Hilton" that
offers an "American breakfast" included in the room rate. If you visit
Ho Chi Minh City, you'll find a bustling, free-market entrepenurial
economy. And, you'll find tour packages available at any travel agent
in the country touting the scenery, history, and hospitality of a
visit to Vietnam. If you measure the success or failure thirty years
after, it looks more and more each day like capitalism and Western
values beat Communism every way.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press
ISBN #1-58834-103-8

Geez Ed, I guess you are right. We did win the VN war.
((:-))

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at: