Old August 24th 04, 02:51 AM
RobertR237

From: " jls"
Date: 8/23/2004 7:10 AM Central Daylight Time
http://www.glcq.com/bush_at_arpc1.htm

I got as far as the ARPC gag. For those who never served during that time
frame
let me explain. The site said Bush never finished his 6 year commitment. The
authour has no idea what that means. During that time ALL males 18 and over
had
a 6 year obligation unless excused for valid reasons (conscientious objector,
medical etc). This means if one signed up for 3 years active duty in the Army
and completed those 3 years and got out he STILL had 3 years inactive
reserves
before being released. If Bush didn't serve his 6 years in either Guard,
active
or reserves the remaining time was INACTIVE reserve.

The six year obligation was the same for officers, warrants and enlisteds.

As an aside retirees have a 10 year inactive reserve obligation upon
retirement.

Think what you want about Bush, but wild accusations and name calling proves
absoultely nothing.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

On the contrary Dan, I proves a great deal...just not about Bush.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)