Old May 8th 04, 05:00 AM
Roger Halstead

On Fri, 07 May 2004 19:21:56 GMT, "Robert A. Barker"
wrote:

Tony:
I am also allergic to wasps and hornets, in fact I was
pronounced d.o.a.at a local hospital many years ago from
the sting of 2 yellow jackets.Needless to say they were
able to revive me and I carry an emergency kit with me
at all times except for winter.
I will be checking the effect of sprays on aluminum
and will let you know what I find out. I have the wing
vents in my Cessna 150 plugged with those plastic curly
scrubbers. Lets the air in but not the bugs.

"I think" which means I don't know for sure, but the wasp and hornet
killer is probably more like a shot of WD40 than something damaging.

I make no guarantees, but I haven't found anything corrosive listed on
the can I have here.

I removed over 40 Yellow Jacket nests from my yard last year and even
more the year before.

There are two nests in the ridge vent on the hanger, but I'm getting
ready to plug off that with the mesh filler. Kinda looks like a brillo
pad, but it's not abrasive.

Then on the inside I'm going to use the perforated plastic.

I used to be allergic to the things, but not from the anaphylactic
shock. I just swelled up a lot around the stings. *a whole lot*

5 years of allergy shots have basically eliminated the reaction.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Bob Barker N8749S

"tony roberts" wrote in message
At this time of year the wasps start a nest in my ailerons a couple of
times each week. I'm allergic to wasps so each time that I go out to the
airport I look for the newly started nests and spray them with Raid
flying insect killer. Obviously to do this involves spraying the insect
killer inside the aileron and it just ocurred to me that I don't know
whether or not this stuff is corrosive. Anyone know? Anyone got any
other suggestions for getting rid of them? Flying with them in the wing
is not an option. If the find their way into the cockpit I'm in trouble.

Thanks

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL