Old November 7th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products
Jim Burns[_1_]

Default Aerospace Logic CHT+EGT vs EI/JPI EMS

If you're shopping for AL gauges, check E-bay for seller gqya or visit
http://stores.ebay.com/24x7-Avionics

This "seems" to be a factory auction site. I won an auction for an
Aerospace Logic fuel level indicator for less than 1/2 the retail/catalog
price. The webstore is in Canada as is AL. The sellers name was Shane, as
is the AL President who signed the STC, which was included in the box.

Word of caution. I had several problems getting the seller to ship my
gauge, but once he did, I got it within 2 days. I also have a friend who
had problems with an AL ammeter, it took him several weeks and complaints
CC:'d to the Cessna Pilots Association before AL responded.

YMMV

Jim

"EridanMan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if any of you had thoughts about the suitability of
Aerospace Logic CHT+EGT gauges as a substitute for a dedicated multibar
EMS for LOP operations.

While obviously I'd be missing out on all the "cool" features, the
aerospace logic gauges would give me Hottest Cylinder CHT/EGT, overtemp
warning (on any cylinder), shock-cool warning (on any cylinder) and 1
degree temperature tracking... Do you really need anything more?

It seems to me to be a matter that all the requisite information would
be there- I would just have to do a bit more interpretation of the data
myself (although I would have a simpler interface as well).

Of course, the fact that I can get an Aerospace logic CHT+EGT for under
a grand is another substantial motivating factor.

Interested in any and all opinions.

-Scott