Old July 13th 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning
Mike

Default Pressure test on a fitted oxygen cylinder

"Ron" wrote in message
On Jul 11, 4:47 pm, "Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote:

I don't think the hydrostatic test is a FAA requirement. IIRC it is a
requirement to have the tank filled by an authorized filling station.

There's no requirement to have it filled by an 'authorized' station in
the
regs either.

That's correct. I have mine filled at a welding supply house unless I run
out when I'm away from home. Technically the filling station can only fill
tanks for which they have a license and aviation, medical, and welding
oxygen tanks are all different (even though the oxygen source is all the
same).