Old November 24th 16, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default FLARM - No GPS

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 09:57:14 -0700, Dan Marotta wrote:

Thanks Dan,

Since my PF Portable appears not to have the IGC license (by looking at
the spreadsheet file), I have never seen the need to download the igc
files - I get that from the ClearNav. I downloaded the igc files
yesterday but, of course, the SD card is at the airport. There was no
igc file generated for yesterday's flight due, I suppose, to no GPS.

FLARM will write IGC files regardless of whether you have an ICG license
and software module or not. I assume PF is the same. The only thing that
IGC module adds is the ability to write a valid G record at the end of a
the log file and you only need that if you intend to submit flight logs
to a scoring system.

You can read the logfile on your PC with anything that can show the
content of a normal text file.

The other thing you may want to do is to submit your log files to the
FLARM range analysed (on their website) to see what detection range
you're getting, but this does not require the IGC module to be installed.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK