Old December 10th 09, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Doe

Default Reflections on a year of aircraft ownership

In article , betwys1
@sbcglobal.net says...

Ross wrote:
brian whatcott wrote:
Ross wrote:
... there use to be the AMU. I think it
was aeronautical money unit. It equaled $1000.00. Therefore your
$150.00 was only .150 AMU. Doesn't sound so large.

In a sailboat context, that's 0.15 boatbuck...

Brian W

What kind of sailboat do you own?

A SouthCoast 22. That's a swing keel. I keep it at the house. But it
wants three people for anxiety-free mast raising, and that's a problem.

Surely not! My trailer-sailer is 25' - I can raise and lower the mast
myself (level ground helps!). Surely only one person is needed to hold
the mast up, while the forestay is secured (I use the main on the jib
halyard to tension the mast and allow the forestay to be secured).

--
Duncan.