Old February 23rd 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
BT

Default Nothing to fly

time to find a new prop shop for the next 6 year inspection?
BT

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
My "go someplace" plane is gone for a few weeks having some avionics
upgrades (should be nice when done).

However, the fun plane is sitting in the hangar without a prop- MT
mandates an overhaul/inspection every six years, regardless of hours. The
local prop shop picked it up and threw it on the back of a pickup truck
uncovered. Three weeks later they had yet to take it apart, and just
yesterday I learned it needed to have some steel inserts machined into the
hub.

So, now the hub has to be sent to Florida for another few weeks of work,
then returned to the original shop, reassembled, trucked up to Wisconsin,
and reinstalled. I'm guessing a month at best.

The hangar looks pretty empty.

I may have to install MSFS and pretend I'm flying and talking to ATC. It's
hard to mimic pulling and pushing g's while sitting in the chair.

Perhaps in another three months spring will arrive and this will all be a
memory.