Old March 3rd 21, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wallace Berry[_2_]

Default 2022 SSA Convention?

On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 2:21:36 PM UTC-6, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 11:48:08 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I thought Greenville, SC was a great location.

Nice venue. Surprised that attendance wasn't a bit higher. Another 200 and it would definitely be on the SSA where to go list. Weather up north was a factor for some that planned to drive.

Airline connections were not direct, but got to fly in a Dash-8 a couple of times getting to/from a major hub. That was kind of fun. Also got out of there in an RJ-200 after the BOD meeting the year prior, which wasn't much fun but interesting for the first time on a Bombardier.

Generally prefer a convention center attached to a hotel also though I thought they did a good job with transport.

Oh, yeah, forgot about the hotel being separate from the convention center in Greenville. Much better to all be in one place.