Old April 8th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Doe

Default I have an opinion on global warming!

In article ,
says...
Gene Seibel writes:

That's what it is - a proposal. I figured that global warming was
natural, but after a discussion on another group I did some research
and now doubt it's even occurring at all. Satellite and balloon
readings show no warming. Only surface measurements, and they are very
susceptible to errors. For instance cities growing and encroaching on
once rural measuring stations. A tenth of a degree increase and alarm
bells go off.

Of all the data we have, that which appears to show a warming trend is the
most reliable and plentiful. It is true that we cannot prove that a definite
trend is in progress, nor can we know whether it will continue. But the
observation of a warming trend is far more reliable than the rampant
speculation on the possible causes of that warming. The notion that burning
fossil fuels is somehow causing global warming is pure speculation.

I think the real factors at work here are a human tendency to egotistically
believe that people can have any real influence on the planet, and a human
tendency to extreme and hysterical behavior.

The IPCC doesn't help matters.

This is a very interesting video - haven't seen it debunked yet (other
than debunking of the solar flare correlation - but the guts of it has
not)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XttV2C6B8pU

--
Duncan