Old October 20th 03, 04:36 PM
JJ Sinclair

Default New Task

Last week at William's Octoberfest, we used some new tasking ideas; Contestants
were told to pick ont turn-point from the Northern task area and on from the
Southern task area. Start at Lutz lake with unlimited altitude, 2:00 Minimum
Time and handicap the speeds. Great results with something like a dozen
finishers and we weren't forced to fly up Black Butte Canyon, trying to get
within a mile of the Peak.
It's just a variation of the Turn Area Task, with a bit more structure for
those who like actual turn-points. It harkens back to the first Sports Class
Nationals, where we were required to fly triangles. Remember the Blue books?
:)
JJ Sinclair