Old July 31st 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

Default Get Rid Of Warbirds At Oshkosh

In a previous article, Bob Noel said:
From this post and others, sounds like everyone would be better served
to keep stupid pilots from Oshkosh. But how to do that? There's the rub, eh?

I spent a few hours listening on the scanner, and one thing that struck me
is that the tower people were *way* too accomodating. We heard people just
call in 5 miles out from any which direction, not having followed the
Ripon-Fisk arrival route, and instead of telling them to go away and come
back when they had read the NOTAM, tower just slotted them in and welcomed
them to Oshkosh. Other people reading back tower instructions, people
landing on the threshold instead of their assigned dots, etc. And tower
just worked around the stupidity. Not much incentive for you to study the
NOTAM and practice spot landings for a week if being fat, dumb and happy
gets your a faster arrival.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full