Old March 19th 07, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Nathan Young

Default Downers Grove, Il - suggestions?

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:45:49 GMT, "Jim Carter"
wrote:

I need to go to Downers Grove the week and am considering taking a 182RG from the local FBO here in Bentonville. I thought Schaumburg Regional might be close, but it shows OTS indefinitely on the web site I use. Next choice might appear to be Dupage. Anyone from around their with some suggestions? I'll need to tie down for 1 or 2 nights during the week.

Hi Jim,

Schaumburg is a great airport (great restaurant too - Pilot Pete's).
However, it is not that close to Downers and lacks instrument
approaches.

I would fly to Lewis/Romeoville - KLOT. Romeoville has 2 long runways
with LOC approaches, and is a quick trip up Rt 53 to I-55 to Downers.

Avis is on the field, and Enterprise will deliver to the terminal.
http://www.flylot.com

DuPage followed by Midway are probably the next best options.

-Nathan