Old February 15th 04, 09:16 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"Dave Stadt" wrote:

"Tony Woolner" wrote in message
Saw a Warrior with a Collins radio in it. Never saw this radio before.
Are they very old?

It doesn't get any better than Collins. I would take a 25 year old Collins
over a brand new NARCO in a heartbeat. They have been around forever are
top of the line in corporate and commercial jets.

I have had a Collins Micro-Line in my plane since 1978. Between the nav
and comm, I think that it has seen the shop three or four times.

Collins started the MicroLine about 1977 or 78 -- they are good radios,
but with only one flip/flop storage channel.