Old December 18th 13, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Tows in Utah?

Thanks! I'll check them out.

Our schedule does not fall within the timeframe of the organized events and
we're looking for fun flying only instead of contests. Actually, I've got
to break the bad news to the proprieter at Sundance Aviation that I won't be
available to tow for whatever contest will be going on during our absence
from Moriarty.

wrote in message
On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:45:18 PM UTC-7,
wrote:
On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:00:56 AM UTC-8, 2KA wrote:

There are four locations in Northern Utah that offer regular towing
operations:

- Heber City (Tuesday-Sunday)

- Morgan County

- Cedar Valley

- Logan

In my humble opinion, all are pretty spectacular venues, each with a
distinct character. For more information specifically on Morgan, you
can contact me directly using the webmaster link on my website at
http://www.soaringdata.info.

There are also the planned events in Nephi starting June 30 and the
first week in August. More information at ssa.org on those.

Lynn Alley

"2KA"

Dan,

I'd highly recommend you consider including the Nephi OLC/Cross-Country
Camp in your itinerary ( June30-July 5) if your schedule can accommodate
it. I've flown most of the Utah sites (a lot, but not as much as the
locals). Nephi gets started earlier, has fewer technical aspects
associated with getting up and out and offers spectacular soaring. Last
year's Nephi event was well run, attracted a fun group of experienced and
budding XC pilots, and had unbelievable support from the local community.
The airport is gorgeous, well-maintained with a long and wide paved runway
that is NOTAMed closed during the soaring day for the event (there's no
power traffic anyway). They'll have a bunch of tow capacity at your
disposal, ground support to keep track of you, social events. It's a
boatload of fun.

9B

9B,
Your check is in the mail... Thanks for the kind words about 2013's
Nephi event. Yes, we all had a great time. The 2014 Nephi event is quickly
filling up and will likely end up being one of the largest soaring events in
the country next year. We fully expect to have a lot of fun, fly a long way
and make lots of new friends. Here is a quick link to the event for more
info and to sign up.

http://www.ssa.org/Contests?cid=2267

I'll take my organizer hat off and sit back down now...
Bruno - B4