Old August 19th 05, 08:04 AM
Guy Alcala

Sla#s wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for the input.

Unfortunately the load is not splittable. Several components are,
however the heaviest unsplittable unit is 1300Kg.

That's a pity.
Just for reference - In the past we have turned up for jobs (Ski Lifts) only
to be told that the loads COULD have been designed to be 1000kg. So the
first time around we did the mass of smaller loads but they had called in a
Puma to do the heavy loads.
When we came back to do another one next year everything was 950kg :-)

Alas I would not be prepared to offer advice on 1300kg lift aircraft.
The AS350 B3 lifts 3,086 lbs but I don't have the graphs for altitude
performance.

The performance graphs for the AS 350B3 are available on the Eurocopter USA
website(see the AS 350B3 technical data), but it appears that 1,300kg. @ 2,000m,
'hot and dusty', is too much. EC-A says the basic 6-seat a/c empty weighs 1,232
kg., so minus 5 seats and with the 1,400kg. cargo swing, external mirror and
energy absorbing front seat (26kg. total) installed, I'm guessing it will
probably run about 1,235 kg. Even with zero fuel and assuming an OWE of 1,315
kg (i.e an 80kg. pilot), at 2,615kg the HOGE T/O ceiling is just below 2,000m
under ISA conditions. At ISA +20C it drops to 1,000m, and at +35C it's just
above 500m. For ISA+20C you'd probably be limited to just under 2,400kg. TOGW;
for ISA+35C just over 2,200kg.

Guy