Old January 29th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Whats the deal with counter-rotating props?

interesting... but a diagram with thrust vectors and with and without
counterrotating propellors would add to the clarification for this poster
BT

"Michael Ware" wrote in message
. ..

"Dico" wrote in message
oups.com...
So with counter rotating props I won't have the plane want to go left?

Correct. Not when they are both running, anyway!

Or I'd really have to hammer down the right rudder? Even worse if one
engine quit, I could be screwed? And I'm guessing the critical engine
comes into play here. Although I'm not sure if the critical engine
means its the good one (its critical you keep it) or the bad one (its
critical if you lose it)....

check this out.

http://avstop.com/Technical/twins.htm

Remember, too, that with a twin (except for planes like a Cessna 337) the
engines are not on the centerline of the fuselage, they are offset a few
feet.

-Dico