Old August 20th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default adhesive

I am unsure of what to use to mount them in the semicircular recess in
the yoke. I would not want to use an adhesive that will react in some
way with the "plastic" yoke and weaken them. There is already a
recurrent AD to check these yokes for cracks, so these pot metal
emblems will need to be removed from time to time for inspection.

I've had good luck with silicone RTV. It holds 'bout anything
securely, but makes a seal that is cushioned enough to "give" a little.
And it can be easily cut free, using an exacto knife or razor blade,
if need be.

I used it to attach a similar Cherokee emblem to the yoke in my old
Warrior (one was cracked, so I replaced it), and it was still there
when I sold the plane. I also use it to secure my electric trim
switch in my current plane, which only has one screw hole (the other
one is broken) functional.

It's great stuff.
--
Jay Honeck