Old July 9th 03, 06:08 AM
Fred J. McCall

(Evan Brennan) wrote:

:Aerophotos wrote in message news:
:
: if you think our adf is so pathetic in vietnam care to explain why we
: only lost 500 over 10yrs from a 50,000 total force and you yanks lost
: 56,000 in 10yrs from a force of 585,000?
:
:You must recalculate. The Yank force deployed to SEA totalled almost
:three million, not 585,000.

He's comparing apples and aardvarks. He's using a total count of
fatalities over 10 years, and then only counting peak strength rather
than the total number of people who served over the 10 years.

territory."
--G. Behn