Old April 3rd 05, 07:16 PM

I know this may sound sacreligous to some...but why
are we trying to limit the number of racers? Since
less the 10% of SSA'ers race, I would think one would
want to grow this niche.

The limiting came from a 15 meter contest where something like 80
contestants were allowed and we has 4 mid-airs (1 fatality). It was
wisely decided to limit our contests to 65. Parowan is limited to 50
due to limited parking and runway crowding (landing)

The Club Class and 2-seater class works in europe because there is a
bunch of those ships available (from the neumerous clubs) In the US our
ships are 98% privately owned and one can enter sports class where you
can "fly what you brung".
JJ