Old May 20th 13, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wallace Berry[_2_]

Default LS 4 vs ASW 20

In article ,
"kirk.stant" wrote:

Both are wonderful to fly - which is better depends on what you want to do.
Fun flying - the LS4 it tough to beat. Serious XC or racing on a budget? The
20 can hang in there still and has the "busy" feel that can be really cool.

Kirk
66

Yes, the "busy" feel of the glider talking about what the air is doing.
That's my only reservation about the LS-4. It is almost too placid in
the air. I'm used to flying a 301 Libelle, the very definition of a
"busy" feeling glider. LS-4's, while extremely easy and pleasant to fly,
feel almost "dead" to me compared to my Libelle or a -20.

My preference, from flying so long with flaps, is for flapped ships.
Whenever I fly an unflapped ship, it always feels like diving at the
ground to go fast.