Old August 25th 09, 07:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Ron

Default Finally following my dreams

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:22:29 +0100, Rudy26
wrote:

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and hope I'm in the right place to ask these
questions.

At 45, I've finally decided to follow my lifelong dream of flying. I
guess my first concern is, am I too old. I don't want to be a airline
pilot, but cessnas or flying instructor would be nice, so long as I get
in the air.

My other concern is a reoccuring inner ear problem, labyrinthitis. I
know I'll have to get a medical and all, but was wondering if this is
something that could effect a flying career.

Thanks and hope to talk to you guys a lot in the future

45 certainly isn't too old. I started at 55 and am still flying at 75
and enjoying every second of it. I know I'll have to hang it up one
of these days, so I fly with an instructor a couple of times a year
just to make sure I'm really as good as I think I am. :-)

About the labyrityhitis, I don't know. I suggest talking to an aero
medical examiner or go to the AOPA web page and see if there is
anything there. If nothing else, you can ask a question there. If I
were you I'd certainly go for it once you get the medical question
answered. You won't regret it and you are definitely not too old.

Ron K