Old December 6th 04, 03:49 AM
Adam Aulick

"Max" wrote in message news:C8Rqd.18$ct6.6@lakeread07...
Hi,
I used to drive to a place near Washington, DC that rented horses, but they
went out of business. I'm trying to find a stable that rents horses near an
airport. Most places in this area just have boring trail rides, and I'd
like to be able to go on the trails without a guide. If anyone knows of a
place within an hour or 2 near DC (140kt) I would appreciate the
information.

Not very near an airport, but you might try Woodland stables near
Sandy Spring, MD half an hour north of the beltway.
http://www.woodlandhorse.com/ Not clear from the website if they
still let renters out on trail rides but they used to some years ago,
and at least they're still in business.