Old March 18th 04, 02:40 PM
Bushy

- 3,500 range. That's probably as hot as I could turn it and not overheat
the
motor.

My local model outlet where I have been looking at a smoke system offered a
water cooling wrap around pipe for the head from a motorised glowplug RC car
to use a a smoke preheater so the oil mix would flow from the tank through
the valve to the preheater and then to the exhaust. Preheating the oil mix
was said to dramatically increase the smoke from cooler exhausts.

The model smoke system, a length of "rubber" pipe and a double on/off valve
sold for about $20 and the preheater, actually a cooler sold for about $10.
The double valve supplied pressure from the crankcase to the tank via one
line and the other was the outlet from the tank. Also included was a fitting
thatwas to bve tapped into the crankcase to obtain air pressure.

This could be a simple length of metal tubing that was wound around the
aircooled head to provide a run of heat to the oil before it is introduced
to the exhaust.

Hope this helps,
Peter