Old March 21st 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jonathan Goodish

Default Garmin 396 Replacement Antennas - Garmin Response

In article .net,
Mike Spera wrote:
I checked the link and was surprised to see I was several versions
behind (7 versions in 6 months - YIKES!). Downloaded the latest (3.9)
and loaded it into the unit. I will check it out this weekend. I also
plan to buy another antenna. Given the very intermittent nature of the
failure(s), I may be out of warranty by the time it happens again. And,
I want to have a replacement on hand when it happens. As I said, they
are relatively cheap (about $40 - $50).

Just call them, tell them you're on the latest software, and ask them to
send you another antenna. If you have the GA25 antenna, mention that
you're aware that the GA25 has a history of issues with sat reception,
and that you want the GA26C to which they eventually switched back.

If you have the GA26C already, chances are that your problem isn't the
antenna.

JKG