Old August 1st 03, 09:50 PM
kevin

Newps wrote:

kevin wrote:

Dan Thompson wrote:

I buy mine from their website. I changed my cars to full synthetic
after my friend
who's son is a chrew chief in the AF said they ran only synthetic oil
in the AF turbines. If synthetic can stand up to the high operating
temps of turbines, with the rpm's they turn, and not break down or
boil it would have to protect a recip engine better than dino oil.
That should translate into a large increase in engine life. If it will
protect the engine better i dont care if is FAA certified or not. They
are not the one depending on the engine , I am.

Hard to imagine a more apples and oranges argument.

Not meant to be an argument , just a question. I have been set straight
, and understand synthetic is not an option for recip engines.

Thanks to all for the help