Old November 4th 17, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Train Wreck

Mr Christner,

I was crew for P7 at the Benalla WGC and thus spent hours of every day for weeks witnessing Sean Fidler's interaction with Team members, management, crew, competitors, contest officials/staff, sponsors, members of the Benalla community, and the press. Not once did I witness anything but the most courteous, fair, and respectful behavior to all by both Sean and his crew Tiffany. They were quite a popular team among the scores of Aussie volunteers at the contest field. Additionally, 7T and Tiffany provided excellent video/social media documentation and much-needed promotion of the US Team's efforts at Benalla. Finally, 7T's phenomenal Day Win at his first Worlds was treated by him as an opportunity to share his success and to give credit to others who helped him along the way of his very successful competitive soaring career thus far.

So, Mr Christner, I'm sure you'll be relieved to know that your fears of Sean Fidler's behavior falling short of the requirements of the US Team Code of Conduct are unfounded. Team 7T did the USA proud at the 34th FAI World Gliding Championships in January.

Gina

On Friday, November 3, 2017 at 7:01:22 AM UTC+13, Kevin Christner wrote:
Dear John,

I agree we should have a discussion about this. One important issue is whether a pilot meets the requirements of the US Team Code of Conduct. I post some relevant sections below:

13.1.3 Courtesy. Courteous accessibility to visiting SSA members, sponsors, dignitaries and the Press.
13.1.4 Respect. Respect for the host organization, the facility, the rules of the airfield and the organization.
13.1.5 Treatment. Fair, considerate, courteous treatment of Team Management, Team Volunteers, and members of the public.
13.2.1 Highest Level. To maintain at all times a high standard of sportsmanship and fair play
13.2.6 Respect. Maintain an attitude of respect and politeness towards competitors both in the air and on the ground.
13.3 To Specifically Refrain From. To refrain from any behavior which might reflect unfavorably on the United States of America, the sport, the Team, its management, or which might bring any other pilot, official or the Team into disrepute

Since you voted for Sean highly, can you please certify that he has met all of these requirements?