Old June 19th 08, 07:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Larry Dighera

Default Immediate Action Items Checklist

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:08:09 -0700, "RST Engineering"
wrote in
:

Funny, back in the '60s I'd send students on cross-countries to SNA (now
John Wayne) without a thought of it. Nowadays I'd be nuts to do that.

Right. Today, the wake turbulence from the B-757s landing on 19R and
jet blast from airliners holding between the runways on taxiway Lima,
not to mention the windshere and birds, can be lethal for a solo
student landing on 19L. But I've got a signature in my logbook from
someone at Martin Aviation in 1970 to verify my solo xcountry.