Old November 6th 17, 06:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default Train Wreck

Sean F has as much enthusiasm for the sport of glider racing as perhaps the next six of us combined. One way to interpret his over-the-top keyboard behavior is that he cares so much about the sport than he can't figure out how to balance in some nice behavior with his buds online. Annoying, yes; but, so what.

He should get a pass for bad keyboard behavior if he wins races and has good in person behavior as is the accounts that we hear repeatedly. I believe that at voting time, some others didn't give him that pass when they placed their votes. When holding a grudge for having been ****ing off once or twice, it's just not possible to avoid contriving a logical seeming explanation. And therein lies one of several major faults in the use of non-objective team selection standards.

What all of this means is that despite the hard work and good intentions of the US team committee, they have accomplished exactly the opposite of what they set out to accomplish. And we are all worse for the wear.

No, we should not allow a few more years of this to see how it works out as some have suggested.

On Sunday, November 5, 2017 at 7:24:07 PM UTC-7, Bojack J4 wrote:
I watched Sean's youtube video.

Professionally presented and analyzed, and proves his point with data.

I fail to see any evidence of a "train wreck" there....and he DID win the entire contest.

If I may add, Sean's performance at Benella was impressive (at one point he was in second place overall and had a day win as I recall?), and he was receiving accolades right here on ras the whole time while doing it.